Svenska Aerogel is a company that develops, manufactures and sells Quartzene, a nanoporous silica material. The company must work for the long-term sustainable development of society by developing products and methods that contribute to better resource utilization, reduced emissions and safer handling at all levels. Our manufacturing must be safe and resource efficient, and Svenska Aerogel as a workplace must be characterized by care for our employees and business partners.
Therefore, we shall:
- Be within the scope of applicable environmental legislation as well as regulations and other requirements relating to our operations.
- Plan and develop our production so that raw materials and energy are used optimally and that emissions are minimized.
- Develop products that contribute to better resource utilization, through e.g. energy savings, extended durability or lower material consumption.
- Weigh environmental aspects when choosing raw materials and suppliers. Substances on KEMI’s phase-out list are not permitted, and prioritized risk reduction substances must be substituted where possible.
- Carry out systematic work environment work, through scheduled preventive activities, risk analyzes and good reporting of incidents and accidents. Action plans must be drawn up and followed up. Work environment work must include both physical and psychosocial factors.
- Ensure that both employees and customers who handle our materials are aware of any risks. Employees must have access to and use personal protective equipment where required.
- Inform and involve all employees in our environmental and work environment work to create commitment and participation.
- Use Svenska Aerogel’s Egenkontroll as our tool for controlling and monitoring the company’s environmental and work environment work.
Tor Einar Norbakk
CEO Svenska Aerogel AB